Where you provide us with your personal data, in person, by email, through this website or through our Singapore office, you consent for us to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Collection of Personal Data
When you access this website and any online services provided by this website, Active Fire Protection Systems Pte Ltd may collect the following information:
- Anonymous web statistics collected as you browse this website;
- Personal information that you knowingly provide us.
We do not share this personal information with any other party.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We collect, use, disclose and/or share your personal information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you on any queries you may have
- Provide services/ security solutions
- Process orders or applications submitted by you
- Administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- Anticipate and resolve problems with any services supplied to you
- For service improvements
- To provide access controls
- To detect and prevent fraudulent activity
We respect your privacy. We do not practise sharing, renting or selling of your personal information with third parties. We may also collect, use and disclose such personal information if authorised or required by law or the relevant authorities, or exempted under the Personal Data Protection Act to do so.
Further, we may disclose or share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Third party service providers: We may disclose your personal data to third parties (i) contracted by us to assist us in delivering part or all of the products and services ordered by you; and/or (ii) who provide services to us such as professional advisers, IT consultants etc. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that these third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy;
- With your consent: We may seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for any other purpose not set out herein;
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Active Fire Protection Systems Pte Ltd entity or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
As required under the Personal Data Protection Act, we will take reasonable care to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
The Internet is not always a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, while we seek to protect your personal data, Active Fire Protection Systems Pte Ltd cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Active Fire Protection Systems Pte Ltd will retain your personal data for the duration of time required to carry out the purposes for which your personal data was collected, for the other purposes set out in this policy, for business purposes and as required by relevant laws.
When you visit this website, our server may record your IP address together with the date, time and duration of your visit. An IP address is an assigned number, similar to a telephone number, which allows your computer to communicate over the Internet. We may use this information to compile statistical data on the use of this website to track how users navigate through this website. We may do this so we can evaluate and improve our site.